Job Reference: J5634876
Updated On: 30/04/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for an Account Manager to join a leading Life Science Distributor covering the Cambridge territory. As the Account Manager you will be responsible for promoting growth of the company portfolio and providing technical consultation to clients across the defined territory.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Account Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will promote the growth of the company portfolio, working alongside the Sales Manager to create a detailed sales plan which identifies new opportunities to increase sales such as key accounts in addition to prospecting business individually.
2. You will regularly achieve both monthly and annual sales targets, reporting on sales activity and forecasting future business.
3. As the Account Manager, you will become an expert on a variety of products including immunoassays, antibodies and specialised reagents through supplier product training and existing scientific knowledge, performing wet lab demonstrations where appropriate.
4. You will represent the company by attending national conferences, exhibitions and seminars, conducting both technical and sales focussed presentations to customers.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Account Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD (or equivalent experience) in a Life Science subject e.g. Biochemistry, Molecular and Cellular Biology, Immunology
2. Proven industry experience in a commercial or customer facing environment would be highly beneficial to your application.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with a range of Life Science products such as Antibodies, Proteins, Immunoassays and Reagents
Key Words: Sales | Account Manager | Account Management | Business Development | CRM | Client | Sales Reports | Technical Support | Conference | Exhibition | Seminars | Immunoassays | ELISA | Antibodies | Proteins | Reagents | Cambridge | Cambridgeshire | Biochemistry | Molecular Biology | Cellular Biology
Other jobs with similar skills
Scientific Sales Representative
London | £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Scientific Sales Representative based in the South East to join a leading UK Laboratory Products organisation that has many exclusive contracts with their manufacturers....Science
View & Apply
Account Manager - Oxford
Oxford | £30,000 - £38,000 per annum
We are currently looking for an Account Manager to join a leading Life Science Distributor covering the Oxford territory. As the Account Manager you will be responsible for promoting growth of the com...Science
View & Apply