Job Reference: J5636655
Status: Now Interviewing
We are currently looking for an Analytical Development Scientist to join a developing Gene Therapy company based in the North London area who is currently expanding their CMC capabilities. As the Analytical Development Scientist - Gene Therapy you will be responsible for developing analytical assays for AAV product characterisation.
This opportunity would suit a Scientist with a few years industry experience with a subject matter expertise in HPLC and other chromatography based analytical techniques. This is an ideal position if you have worked in the Biopharmaceutical industry and have experience of analysing Protein based products.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Analytical Development Scientist - Gene Therapy will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop and deliver HPLC based methods for AAV product and process characterisation. Methods of interest include but are not limited to, HPCE, cIEF, CE-SDS, MS and LCMS for large molecule characterisation.
2. Design and write experimental plans, documentation and write-ups ensuring data is handled accordingly and to strict regulatory guidelines.
3. Work closely with the CMC team including process development and Tech Transfer as well as R&D teams focused on new technology development.
4. Be one of the first members in the Analytical Development team and help set up their platforms and build out a successful department.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Analytical Development Scientist - Gene Therapy we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences, ideally Chemistry of Biochemistry. a PhD is not required but is beneficial.
2. Proven industry experience where you have used Chromatography based techniques as an analytical tool for the assessment of Large Molecules. Experience of method development and troubleshooting analytical assays is highly beneficial to this role.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with DLS for quantification of AAVs, CE for product purity and LCMA for product characterisation is all desirable. Tech transfer knowledge is also desirable but not required.
Key Words: Analytical Development | Method Development | Assay Development | MDV | Protein Characterisation | Product Characterisation | Protein Analysis | AAV | Viral Vector | Gene Therapy | GMP | QC | Quality Control | CMC | Biologics | Biopharmaceutical
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Sectors: Biotechnology, Cell & Gene Therapy
Skills: Chemistry - Analytical - HPLC (Method Development), Chemistry - Analytical - LCMS, Chemistry - Analytical - Method Development Only