Job Reference: J5636670
Status: Now Interviewing
We are currently looking for a Analytical Development Scientist - Molecular and Cellular, to join a developing Gene Therapy Company based in the London area. As the Analytical Development Scientist - Molecular and Cellular, you will be responsible for the implementation of AAV analytics for both in-house and outsourced manufacture of AAV gene therapy products.
This is an opportunity for a Molecular, or Cellular Scientist with a few years industry experience performing analytical biological assays to be part of the development of cutting-edge gene therapeutics. You would be great for this role if youve worked with large molecules in the Biopharmaceutical industry.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Analytical Development Scientist - Molecular and Cellular, will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Use biological knowledge to enable the accuracy of AAV production characterisation - techniques included but not limited to: qPCR, RT-qPCR, ddPCR, ELISA, cell-based and protein expression assays.
2. Liaise and working collaboratively with the R&D and CMC team, ensuring timely project delivery, and maintain high standard laboratory practices in all activities whilst keeping up to date with regulatory guidelines.
3. Work independently and execute and troubleshoot analytical methods, as well as maintaining and supporting infrastructure and operations.
4. Designing experimental plans, documentation and experimental write ups, ensuring raw data is processed accordingly, and supporting the writing and reviews of experimental analytical protocols and SOPs
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Analytical Development Scientist - Molecular and Cellular, we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Life Sciences, ideally in Molecular or Cell Biology. A PhD is not required but would be beneficial.
2. Proven industry experience performing analytical biological assays for large molecules in a QC or GMP environment. A proven track record of assay execution and troubleshooting is highly beneficial for this role.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with qPCR, ELISA based assays, protein expression such as western blot, immunofluorescence, flow cytometry, etc. Experience in gene therapy would be good; AAV production and process characterisation experience is beneficial but not required.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Skills: Life Sciences - Cellular Biology, Life Sciences - Molecular Biology, Life Sciences - Stem / Gene Therapy (experienced), Life Sciences - Bioassay, Life Sciences - Immunoassay, Life Sciences - Assay Development, Biochemistry - Process Analytics, Chemistry - Analytical - Method Development Only, Chemistry - Analytical - Development and Validation Analyst, Life Sciences - Immunology