Job Reference: J5633951
Updated On: 27/10/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Analytical Development Scientist - PCR & ELISA
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Analytical Development Scientist - PCR & ELISA to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in London. As the Analytical Development Scientist - PCR & ELISA you will be responsible for Molecular and Immunoassay development for the analysis of Gene Therapy products.
This position would suit a PhD graduate or a Scientist with a few years industry experience where they have developed a range of Molecular assays and Immunoassays and have the ability to troubleshoot and analyse data.
This is a hands on lab-based role and offers the chance to progress in a collaborative business.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Analytical Development Scientist - PCR & ELISA will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Support Senior Scientist and Project Leaders with the development of Molecular and Immunoassays including qPCR, ddPCR and ELISA for the analysis of gene and protein expression.
2. You will work autonomously on multiple projects and will independently troubleshoot and analyse your data. There will be no direct line management but you will supervise Laboratory Technicians to support you with your work.
3. You will develop Analytical Assays to be transferred to manufacturing for the production of Biotherapeutics for clinical trial and thus the protocols you develop will need to be reproducable and robust
4. You will work in collaboration with other scientists for drug development programs in an academic and industry setting.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Analytical Development Scientist - PCR & ELISA we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Scientifically relevant PhD or BSc/MSc with a few years industry experience where you have developed PCR and ELISA assays.
2. Proven experience of Molecular and Immunoassay development and optimisation including qPCR, ddPCR, Primer Design, DNA/RNA isolation and ELISA.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Gene and/or Protein expression where knowledge of Viral vector analysis is desirable.
Key Words: Assay Development | Analytical Development | Method Development | Method Validation | MDV | PCR | qPCR | ddPCR | ELISA | Immunoassay | Molecular Assay | Research | Gene Therapy | Cell Therapy
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Scientist - Clinical Assay Development
Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire. | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Clinical Assay Development to join a leading Immuno-Oncology Biotechnology company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Senior Scientist - Clinical A...Science
View & Apply
Senior Scientist - Biomarker Discovery
Slough, Berkshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist - Biomarker Discovery to join a leading Drug Discovery company based in the Berkshire area. As the Senior Scientist - Biomarker Discovery you will be re...Science
View & Apply
Analytical Development Scientist - Flow Cytometry
London | £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Analytical Development Scientist - Flow Cytometry to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in London. As the Analytical Development Scientist - Flow Cytomet...Science
View & Apply