Flow Cytometry Sales Executive We are currently looking for a Flow Cytometry Sales Executive to join a Global leading company that have been in the Life Science industry for over 80... View Job
Senior Research Associate We are currently looking for a Senior Research Associate to join a leading Antibody discovery company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior ... View Job
Head of QC We are currently looking for a Head of QC to join an innovative Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Head of QC you w... View Job
An Exciting opportunity for an experience Analytical Development Scientist has become available to join a leading Biotherapeutic company based in the Oxfordshire area as a Senior Scientist. As the Analytical Development Senior Scientist you will be responsible for the development of a range of analytical techniques for the evaluation of gene therapy products. You will develop existing techniques as well as implement new technologies and validate a range of assays.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Analytical Development Senior Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Innovation and development of new analytical assays as well as improvement and optimisation of current analytical assays for gene therapy product characterisation.
2. You will Validate the new assays and assist with the transfer to the Analytical testing team. This includes training staff members to perform the newly developed and validated assays.
3. You will troubleshoot the assays and problem solve when required in addition to preparing the SOPs for the new methods.
4. You will develop a range of assays including, but not limited to, qPCR, ELISA, Cell Culture techniques, SDS-Page, Western Blot and HPLC.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Analytical Development Senior Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Analytical sciences etc.) in addition to hands on experience of analytical method development.
2. Proven industry experience in a GMP (or similarly regulated environment), ideally with experience in analytics and development projects and activities. Assay Validation experience is desirable.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with qPCR work flows, ELISA, Cell Culture and HPLC is vital in addition to other biochemistry techniques used for the characterisation of gene therapy products. Digital PCR is desirable
Key Words: Analytical Development | Assay Development | Assay Validation | Method Development and Validation | GMP | qPCR | ELISA | SDS-Page | Western Blot | Cell Culture | Viral Vectors | Lenti-viral vector | Gene therapy products | Characterisation | SOPs | New Technologies
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.