Job Reference: J5634629
Updated On: 12/04/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewHRS are currently looking for an Analytical Scientist - Biologics to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Wiltshire area. As the Analytical Scientist you will be responsible for developing analytical methods including immunoassays, 2D-gel electrophoresis, ELISA, HPLC, UPLC and more. This is a great opportunity for a junior analytical scientist to work in a more independent role or a PhD graduate that is looking for their first role in the industry.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Analytical Scientist - Biologics will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be using analytical methods for the analysis of biologics samples, mainly on proteins.
2. You will be working independently and within a team to develop various analytical methods using a variety of techniques, including but not limited to: immunoassays, 2D-gel electrophoresis, ELISA, HPLC, UPLC.
3. Fully documenting all analytical testing in worksheet. You will be producing SOPs, protocols and other technical reports.
4. As the Analytical Scientist - Biologics you will be training junior colleagues as well as assisting senior members of the team developing technical strategies.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Analytical Scientist - Biologics we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Science subject, including but not limited in Biology, Biochemistry, Immunology, Chemistry etc.
2. Proven industry or academic experience in various analytical techniques on one or more of the below: immunoassays, 2D-gel electrophoresis, ELISA, HPLC, UPLC etc.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience working independently in the lab and performing method development on immunoassays and/or 2D-gel electrophoresis and/or ELISA, and/or HPLC and/or UPLC
Key Words: immunoassays / 2D-gel electrophoresis / ELISA / HPLC / UPLC / protein / sample preparation / analytical method / biologics / SOPs / protocols / reports / PhD / Graduate / Junior Scientist / Wiltshire
Other jobs with similar skills
Cell Culture Scientist
London | £25,000 - £35,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Cell Culture Scientist to join a leading biotechnology company based in London. As the Cell Culture Scientist you will be responsible for maintenance and analysis of cel...Science
View & Apply
Lead Scientist - Process Analytics (BLI/SPR)
Berkshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Lead Scientist - Process Analytics to join a leading CDMO based in the Berkshire area. As the Lead Scientist - Process Analytics you will be responsible for technically ...Science
View & Apply