J56215BerkshirePharmaceutical Contract / Temporary / Interim£25,000 to £28,000 per annumFull Time07/06/2018Bioanalytical
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Protein Purification Scientist We are currently looking for a Protein Purification Scientist to join a leading company based in the Berkshire area. As the Protein Purification Scien... View Job
Bioassay Specialist We are currently looking for a Bioassay Specialist to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Wrexham area. As the Bioassay Specialist y... View Job
Scientist, Analytical Sciences We are currently looking for a Scientist, Analytical Sciences (6 months) to join a leading company based in the Liverpool area. As the Scientist you w... View Job
We are currently looking for a Analytical Scientist - Characterisation (12 months FTC) to join a leading company based in the Berkshire area. As the Analytical Scientist, you will be responsible for using mass spectrometric techniques to perform analysis of protein therapeutics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Analytical Scientist will be varied, however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Analytical Scientist, you will be required to employ techniques such as:
HPLC (reversed phase, ion exchange, affinity and size exclusion) Electrophoresis (gel and capillary based) Spectroscopy (CD, FTIR) Mass Spectrometry (Thermo Q-Exactive Plus, Waters Synapt with ESI/MALDI source, Waters Xevo and Agilent 6510 with chip cube) BIAcore analysis
2. Your Analytical Scientist responsibilities will include using HPLC and electrophoresis where necessary.
3. You will be responsible for keeping accurate records and researching specific analytical protocols and you will have awareness of analytical techniques.
4. Your role as the Analytical Scientist will also involve assay and instrument troubleshooting.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Analytical Scientist, we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in a related subject.
2. Proven experience of at least 1-3 years working in a laboratory using mass spectrometry (either academic or industrial).
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with HPLC, electrophoresis, spectroscopy and BIAcore analysis.
Key Words: HPLC / Reversed Phase / Ion Exchange / Affinity / Size Exclusion / Electrophoresis / Gel Electrophoresis / Capillary Based Electrophoresis / Spectroscopy / CD / FTIR / Mass Spectrometry / Thermo / Q-Exactive Plus / Waters Synapt / ESI/MALDI source / Waters Xevo / Agilent 6510 with chip cube / BIAcore analysis
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.