Job Reference: J5631161
Updated On: 20/03/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Analytical Scientist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the County Durham area. As the Analytical Scientist you will be responsible for carrying out development, research and have involvement in improvement projects.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Analytical Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will carry out analytical techniques such as ELISA, qPCR, SDS-PAGE, HPLC and various other methods for protein characterisation.
2. Method development and optimisation will be among your duties as well as ensuring consistency in documentation compliance with all Safety, Health and Environmental requirements.
3. As the Analytical Scientist, you will also support setting up, planning and executing experimental runs and analytical and interpret the results.
4. You will be responsible for carrying out the maintenance and calibration of equipment to ensure it operates in a safe and efficient manner.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Analytical Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences related discipline such as Biochemistry, Biology, Analytical Chemistry etc.
2. Proven industry experience in a GMP pharmaceutical or life sciences company using techniques for protein characterisation such as, but not limited to, SDS PAGE, ELISA, Capillary Electrophoresis and HPLC.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with method development and data analysis would be highly beneficial to your application.
Key Words: Analytical | Scientist | Science | ELISA | HPLC | Chemistry | Biology | PCR | Biochemistry | NGS | Mass Spectrometry | Biopharmaceutical |
Other jobs with similar skills
Research Scientist - Pre clinical
Cambridgeshire | £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Research Scientist to join a leading Life Science Research Organisation based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Research Scientist you will be responsible for disease s...Science
View & Apply
Assistant Research Scientist
Cambridgeshire | £25,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Assistant Research Scientist to join a leading Life Sciences Microbiology Research Organisation based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Assistant Research Scientist you...Science
View & Apply