Job Reference: J5633786
Updated On: 09/11/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a API Project Lead to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the API Project Lead you will be responsible for managing the day to day activities of assigned projects.Â This includes providing guidance and supervision to junior members of the team to ensure correct procedures are being followed and that assigned projects are performed to the appropriate standard. To support the Chemistry Management team for the delivery of projects on time and to budget.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the API Project Lead will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the API Project Lead you will manage your time between performing practical chemistry and managing projects.Â This is expected to vary between practical chemistry and technical project management with the time split 50/50 between the two activities. To communicate and update the Senior Manager with any issues affecting or likely to affect the schedule/budget/staff.
2. You will communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders in both written form (e.g. reports and technical updates) and verbal form (e.g. presentations and teleconferences).
3. As the API Project Lead you will plan the project strategy with the project teams such that the project deliverables and client expectations are met. Adjust strategy as the programme evolves and ensure the budgetary impacts are highlighted.
4. You will Efficiently and clearly communicate the requirements of the project to the project team (chemistry and analytical) and delegate the work to the project team.Â Review and monitor the progress of tasks delegated.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the API Project Lead we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Chemistry or similar closely related discipline.
2. Proven industry experience communicating effectively with team members, clients, suppliers and internal departments. Have good people management skills and be able to manage a number of teams, clients and projects at any given time. Be able to train the next tier of chemists for more senior roles, appraise and motivate team members.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with cGMP, PRD, Custom preparation aspects of Chemistry.
Key Words: API, Chemistry, Development, Organic Chemistry, GMP, PRD, Discovery, Oxford.
Other jobs with similar skills
Synthetic Organic Chemist
Derbyshire | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced synthetic organic chemist looking for a new exciting opportunity? We are currently looking for a Synthetic Organic Chemist to join a leading company based at their site in De...Science
View & Apply
Oxfordshire | £40,000 - £55,000 per annum
We are currently looking for an Organic Chemist to join a leading company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Organic Chemist you will be responsible for working as part of a team to develop chemica...Science
View & Apply
Pharmaceutical Technical Lead - Wet Chemistry
Berkshire | £40,000 - £55,000 per annum
Hyper Recruitment Solutions are currently looking for a Pharmaceutical Technical Lead - Wet Chemistry to join a leading CRO based in the Berkshire area. As the Pharmaceutical Technical Lead - Wet Chem...Science
View & Apply