J4162KentPharmaceutical PermanentFull Time18/07/2017Chemistry Operations Production Management
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Manufacturing Technical Director
A fantastic opportunity has become available for a Manufacturing Technical Director to join a Global and fast growing Biotechnology company based in t... View Job
Head of Quality Control
We currently have a fantastic opportunity available for a Head of QC to join a leading global life sciences company based in the Berkshire area. As th... View Job
Senior Sample Manager
We are currently looking for a Senior Sample Manager to join a global life sciences company based in the Cambridgeshire area, which are currently unde... View Job
We are currently looking for a API Technical Support Manager to join a leading pharmaceutical business based in the Kent area. As the API Technical Support Manager you will Lead the API Support Group and provide day to day technical support enabling successful delivery of the Production plan and API objectives. Ensure technical resource is supporting future business development opportunities feeding into the commercial teams, with additional alignment to Operational Excellence initiatives and cross site standards of working.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the API Technical Support Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Execute and delivery against the technical strategy across the API business unit, working cross functionally to direct the activities of the API Technical Team. Ensure technical support of production to achieve production plans.
2. Management of multiple site projects and leading a team of technical experts to ensure delivery to plan and budget. Monitor and review high level process data to ensure efficient operation and to implement improvements to existing processes with due regard for safety, environmental and quality factors.
3. Ensure that processes are designed to minimise environmental impact by avoidance or minimisation of waste, recycling of by-products and appropriate handling of waste. Ensure that process chemistry expertise is provided in safety reviews, HAZOP studies and COSHH assessments.
4. Set standards for the API Technical Team in relation to process chemistry and to challenge current practises and seek best practise' in manufacturing operations.
5. Direct laboratory investigations by the API Technical Team to design processes, solve processing problems and make improvements to processes.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the API Technical Support Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Educated to at least degree level in a scientific discipline, ideally chemistry or chemical engineering.
2. Proven industry experience working within a cGMP API manufacturing facility and chemical processing. Extensive Production experience with an excellent understanding of Equipment and Operations in a Chemical environment.
3. Operational Engineering knowledge in a Chemical Plant and a good understanding of CI, OPEX activities and their implementation would be desirable.
Key Words: API | Pharmaceutical | Manufacturing | Production | Process | Chemistry | cGMP | Chemical
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.