Job Reference: J5631879
Updated On: 22/07/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Assay Development Scientist - Cell and Gene Therapy to join a clinical-stage biotechnology company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Assay Development Scientist, you will be joining the assay development team and will be required to support the development of analytical worflows, such as biochemical, and cell based assays. You will be working with Adeno-associated virus (AAV).
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Assay Development Scientist - Cell and Gene Therapy will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be involved with supporting the development of biochemical assays, including ELISA and cell-based assay development.
2. Attend internal and external meeting to present the results of your projects.
3. Keep up to date with scientific literature and be the first point of contract for troubleshooting processes.
4. As the Assay Development Scientist - Cell and Gene Therapy you will be involved with writing scientific documentation.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Assay Development Scientist - Cell and Gene Therapy we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A relevant Biological Science degree, including Biological Science, Biochemistry etc. A PhD is advantageous.
2. Previous experience in performing biochemical, biophysical and/or cell-based assay techniques, including ELISA, HTRF, Biacore etc. ) .
3. Experience working with viral vectors ( AAV) and within a Cell and Gene Therapy company would be advantageous.
Key Words: Research Assistant, Assay Development Scientist, Research, Clinical Testing, Biochemistry, Analytics, Biotechnology, ELISA, Assay Development, Flow Cytometry, Data Analysis, AAV
Other jobs with similar skills
QC Bioassay Specialist
Flintshire | £40,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a QC Bioassay Specialist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Flintshire area. As the QC Bioassay Specialist you will be responsible for setting up the bio...Science
View & Apply
Assay Development Technical Specialist
Bridgend | £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Technical Specialist to join a leading Stem Cell Therapeutics company based in the Bridgend area. As the Technical Specialist you will be responsible for being the point...Science
View & Apply