Job Reference: J5633617
Updated On: 12/08/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewHRS are currently looking for an Assay Development Scientist to join a growing biotech company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Assay Development Scientist you will be responsible for inventing, developing and performing cell based, biochemical, physicochemical, immunochemical and other assays required to support CMC activities. This is a great opportunity for a candidate with some years experience in the industry and is looking for the next exciting step in their career.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Assay Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Take a lead role in the invention and development of new techniques to characterise and support release of company products.
2. Routinely perform and participate in the invention, qualification, development and validation of cell based, biochemical, physicochemical, immunochemical and other methods required to support manufacturing of products.
3. As the Assay Development Scientist you will liaise with external contractors to support assay transfer, qualification, development, validation, routine analysis and auditing to support projects.
4. Author and technical review technical documents to support CMC program ensuring good quality guidelines are adhered to throughout.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Assay Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences based discipline including Biological Science, Cell and Gene Therapy.
2. Specifically, you will be required to demonstrate industry experience in cell culture and assay development using a variety of techniques such as HPLC, ELISA, SDS PAGE and Western Blot.
3. You will be expected to have excellent verbal and written communication skills, attention to detail, be self-motivated and be capable of readily adapting to changing priorities in a fast paced environment.
Key Words: Scientist | Analytical Scientist | Method Development | Method Validation | Assay Development | Assay Validation | Cell Culture | Cell based assays | immunoassays | immunochemical assays | biochemical assays | GMP
Other jobs with similar skills
Principal Scientist - Immunoassays
Berkshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Principal Scientist - Immunoassays to join a leading Drug Discovery company based in the Berkshire area. As the Principal Scientist - Immunoassays you will be responsibl...Science
View & Apply
Research Scientist - High Throughput Screening Assays
Cambridgeshire | Experience Dependent
HRS are currently looking for a Research Scientist - High Throughput Screening Assays to join a leading Drug Discovery company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Research Scientist - High Throug...Science
View & Apply