Job Reference: J5636973
Status: Open to Applications
Are you experienced in Pharmaceutical Production Management and looking for your next role within the sector?
We are currently looking for a Assistant Production Manager to join a global pharmaceutical company based in the Surrey area. This is a full time Mon-Fri site based role, with the expectation to work on a weekend on call rota, typically one weekend out of 5.
As the Assistant Production Manager you will be responsible for all production related activities across the manufacturing facility, enabling the large scale production of finished product.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Assistant Production Manager will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Production - ensuring optimum efficiency, compliance and regulations across each department. You will manage staff (3 direct, 16 indirect), and deputise for the Head of Production in their absence. Own and continuously improve processes related to the area.
2. With all other managers, participate fully in management of the site, including all actions within and outside of basic remit.
3. Area Management - Identify, plan and implement control process improvements to production methods and equipment. Manage the planning of shift and call out based work, training and coaching of staff. Manage area cost centre and build yearly budget for the area.
4. Continuous Improvement - Actively participate in and lead daily tier meetings, ensuring actions from meetings are carried out. Develop and lead key improvement projects.
5. Biosafety and EHS - Ensure all biosafety rules are followed, complete EHS incident reports, investigate EHS incidents.
6. Finance - review and monitor cost centre budgets, investigate discrepancies, report discrepancies. Approve invoices. Plan stock usage.
7. GMP - Ensure department is audit ready. Raise, manage and complete change controls. CAPA Generation.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Assistant Production Manager we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Ideally, you will have a degree in a life sciences or pharmaceutical discipline. You will also be expected to demonstrate prior experience in a similar role.
2. Extensive knowledge and experience with HSE, biosafety standards and GMP regulations applicable to production within a biopharma or pharma environment.
3. We are looking for a strong leader, who can demonstrate strength of proposal and conviction, be a role model for the company values, and demonstrate a can do attitude.
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Sectors: Pharmaceutical, Biotechnology, Contract Manufacturing Organisation, Chemicals, Life Sciences, Cell & Gene Therapy, Bioprocessing, Science, Drug Discovery
Skills: Production / Manufacturing - Pharma / Biotech - Management, Production / Manufacturing - Pharma / Biotech - Shift Supervisor / Team Leader, Production / Manufacturing - Pharma / Biotech - Head of / Director, Production / Manufacturing - Other - Shift Supervisor / Team Leader, Production / Manufacturing - Other - Head of / Director, Production / Manufacturing - Other - Management, Production / Manufacturing - Pharma / Biotech - Scheduler / Planner, Production / Manufacturing - Other - Scheduler / Planner