J562645CambridgeshirePharmaceutical Biotechnology Science Permanent£20,000 to £25,000 per annum - Dependent on experience Full Time17/08/2018Microbiology Microbiology – Pharmaceutical
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
QC Microbiology Technician We are currently looking for a QC Microbiology Technician to join a leading company based in the Wiltshire area. As the QC Microbiology Technician you... View Job
Junior Microbiologist We are currently looking for a Junior Microbiologist to join a leading Microbiology company based in the Surrey area. As the Junior Microbiologist you... View Job
Account Manager - Cambridge We are currently looking for a Cambridge Account Manager to join a leading Life Science distributor. It will be a home-based position covering the Cam... View Job
We are currently looking for an Assistant Research Scientist to join a leading Microbiology Research organisation based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Assistant Research Scientist you will join the Microbiology team and focus on building genome and metagenome platforms.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Assistant Research Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will prepare samples for Next Generation Sequencing and work on DNA sequencing.
2. As the Assistant Research Scientist you will also carry out Genomic DNA extractions and metagenomic DNA extractions.
3. Carrying out PCR and maintaining electronic records will be among your duties as well as isolation of gut bacteria.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Assistant Research Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences related discipline such as, but not limited to, Microbiology or Biotechnology.
2. Proven industry experience in NGS library preparation and experience within a Genomics laboratory is essential to your application.
3. Proven practical experience with PCR and DNA/RNA extraction is essential.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.