Job Reference: J5631431
Updated On: 02/05/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Assistant Research Scientist to join a leading Life Sciences Microbiology Research Organisation based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Assistant Research Scientist you will be responsible for the characterisation of novel bacterial isolates and support method development and optimisation.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Assistant Research Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will carry out characterisation of novel bacterial isolates and test their suitability for use as bacterial therapeutics.
2. You will use techniques such as PCR and run high throughput screening assays.
3. As the Assistant research scientist you will be responsible for designing, executing and documenting experimental activities.
4. You will also prepare and maintain bacterial cell banks.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Assistant Research Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Microbiology or a related discipline and a number of years of experience in a Microbiology lab.
2. Proven industry experience carrying out PCR and working with bacterial strains is essential to your application.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with anaerobic bacteria would be beneficial to your application.
Key Words: Microbiology | Research | Bacteria | Therapeutics | Assay Development | PCR | Graduate | Scientist |
Other jobs with similar skills
Research Scientist - Pre clinical
Cambridgeshire | £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Research Scientist to join a leading Life Science Research Organisation based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Research Scientist you will be responsible for disease s...Science
View & Apply
GMP Production Scientist
Edinburgh | Experience Dependant
Are you an experienced scientist with a background in GMP and Cellular Therapies looking for your next career opportunity? We are currently looking for a GMP Production Scientist to join a growing ...Science
View & Apply