Job Reference: J5633362
Updated On: 11/06/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Assistant Research Scientist to join a leading biopharmaceutical company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Assistant Research Scientist you will be responsible for assisting in the characterisation of novel bacterial isolates to assess their use as therapeutics.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Assistant Research Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will run high throughput bacterial functional screening assays such as PCR to aid in the characterisation of bacterial isolates.
2. As the Assistant Research Scientist you will be responsible for preparing and maintaining the bacterial cell banks.
3. The role of Assistant Research Scientist will involve both hands on microbiology as well as some basic molecular biology.
4. You will also have the opportunity to collaborate with a variety of scientists from different disciplines both internally and externally.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Assistant Research Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Microbiology related discipline plus industry experience.
2. Proven industry experience using aseptic technique and working in a regulated environment.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with running PCR and performing microbiological techniques.
Key Words: Research, Laboratory, Scientist, Microbiology, Bacteria, PCR, Assay, Therapeutics, Life Sciences, Aseptic Technique.
Other jobs with similar skills
Quality Control Associate
Hertfordshire | £35,000 - £45,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Quality Control Associate to join a rapidly expanding Cell Therapy company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Quality Control Associate you will be responsible for ...Science
View & Apply
Cheshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a QC Microbiologist to join a leading biotechnology company based in the Cheshire area. As the QC Microbiologist you will be responsible for performing and reporting of mi...Science
View & Apply