Job Reference: J5636775
Status: Open to Applications
We are currently looking for a Associate Director - Medicinal Chemistry to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Nottingham area. As the Associate Director - Medicinal Chemistry you will be responsible for providing project direction and guidance as part of the department’s leadership team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Associate Director - Medicinal Chemistry will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Associate Director of Medicinal Chemistry you will lead a range of drug discovery projects whilst working in collaboration with internal teams such as Bioscience, DMPK, Computational Chemistry, in vivo.
2. You will contribute to the development of a world class Medicinal Chemistry Team, focussing on the delivery of candidate molecules of exceptional quality.
3. As the Associate Director of Medicinal Chemistry you will provide leadership of multidisciplinary teams focussing on developing small molecule discovery programmes towards clinical trial. You will also lead the assessment of scientific opportunities across multiple therapeutic areas.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Associate Director - Medicinal Chemistry we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Organic Chemistry or Medicinal Chemistry.
2. Proven industry experience leading drug discovery projects gained within a pharmaceutical company or a CRO, with significant industry drug discovery experience.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience successfully collaborating with cross-functional partners (Bioscience, DMPK, Computational Chemistry, in vivo) to define strategies for drug discovery programmes from HTS lead generation to hit-to-lead and/or lead optimization phases.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Sectors: Pharmaceutical, Contract Research Organisation