Job Reference: J5633097
Updated On: 04/04/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Associate Fermentation Scientist to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the North East of the UK. As the Associate Fermentation Scientist you will be responsible for the running and maintenance of laboratory scale fermentation vessels, as well as develop fermentation procedures and protocols for day to day activities. In doing so you will become a key contributor to our client's fermentation team.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Associate Fermentation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for the running and maintenance of laboratory scale fermentation vessels, as well as develop fermentation procedures and protocols for day to day activities.
2. - Help design experiments for fermentation assistants, analysing and interpreting data as well as personally analysing fermentation samples using microbiological and analytical techniques such as plating, cell counts and analytical techniques such as HPLC.
3. As a Associate Fermentation Scientist you will work in cooperation with colleagues, to develop and find new solutions for improved fermentation processes. This will include
a) Trouble shooting of fermentation processes
b) fermentation activities in the plant and
c) fermentation in pilot plant and laboratory experiments
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Associate Fermentation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. At least a degree in a relevant life sciences discipline (i.e microbial fermentation, biotechnology, microbiology) with proven experience (academic level dependent) with technical expertise in operating and optimizing bio/chemical reactor/fermentation processes at bench scale, preferably 2L-15L.
2. We are looking for "hands-on" experience within fermentation, ideally in an industrial setting or academic background with the length of experience dependent on level of qualification. It is also expected you have experience with design of experiments and statistical process control.
Key Words: Fermentation / Upstream Processing / Bioreactor / Bioprocessing / USP Design / Process Optimisation / Fermentation Science
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Fermentation Scientist
Staffordshire, Midlands | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Senior Fermentation Scientist to join a leading Biologics company based in the Staffordshire area. As the Senior Fermentation Scientist you will be responsible for leadi...Science
View & Apply
Bedfordshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Fermentation Scientist to join an exciting biotechnology company based in the Bedfordshire area. As the Fermentation Scientist you will be the lead pilot plant operative...Science
View & Apply
Technology Transfer Principal Scientist
Berkshire, Berkshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Technology Transfer Principal Scientist to join the Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) team within a global Biotechnology company at their facility in the Berks...Science
View & Apply