Job Reference: J5635016
Updated On: 07/06/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Associate Principal Scientist
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for an Associate Principal Scientist to join a leading Contract Research Organisation based in the Cheshire area. As the Associate Principal Scientist you will be a senior member of the In Vitro Toxicology team and will be responsible for High- and Low- Throughput In Vitro Toxicology assays, assay development and data analysis as well as the training and support of Junior Staff members.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Associate Principal Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Routine running of in vitro Toxicology assays such as High Content Imaging (HCI), Flow Cytometry, Molecular Biology and other in vitro assays for cell function.
2. Maintain both 2D and 3D cell cultures for a variety of cell lines and models.
3. Define and lead assay development, contributing to R&D and improvement projects as well as the troubleshoorting of assays.
4. Support the Team Leader and Principal Scientist with the training of junior staff members as well as supporting the development of Quality Systems including the preparation and review of SOP's.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Associate Principal Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences Discipline in addition to industry experience or Post-doctoral experience where you have focused on the development and running of in vitro assays,
2. Proven industry experience with in vitro assays including but not limited to High Content Screening (HCS), flow cytometry, Molecular Biology and sensitization assays.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Cell culture techniques is vital, where experience with 2D and 3D culturing is highly desirable.
Key Words: in vitro Toxicology | in vitro testing | Cell Assays | Cell Based Assays | Flow Cytometry | High Through-put screening | CRO | Contract Research Organisation |
Other jobs with similar skills
Technical Application Scientist - Molecular Biology
Paisley | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced Molecular Biologist and looking for a new exciting job opportunity? We are currently looking for a Technical Application Scientist in molecular biology who speaks fluent Ital...Science
View & Apply
Molecular Scientist - Industrialisation
London | £38,000 - £43,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Molecular Scientist - Industrialisation to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the London area. As the Molecular Scientist you will be responsible for ...Science
View & Apply
Technical Application Specialist Cell Biology - French Speaking
Renfrewshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Technical Application Scientist with experience of Cell Biology to join a leading life sciences provider based in the Renfrewshire area. As the Technical Application...Science
View & Apply