Job Reference: J5634829
Updated On: 05/07/2021
Status: Under Offer
Back to results
Associate Research Scientist - Gene Therapy
Role OverviewHyper Recruitment Solutions are excited to exclusively partner with an innovative, up and coming Gene Therapy company based in one of Cambridge's leading Biotechnology Hubs. As part of the development and growth of this Biotheraputic business we are looking to identify a talented and dynamic Associate Research Scientist to focus on the development of a new class of nucleic acid-based Gene Therapy medicines.
As the Associate Research Scientist you will drive the technology platform development and project execution through high quality laboratory work and ensure the smooth running of their state of the art facility.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Associate Research Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Work closely with the Research Director to perform development and screening of Gene Therapy candidates using a range of methods including but not limited to Western Blotting, PCR, Cell-based Assays and DNA / RNA purification and preparation
2. Work collaboratively in to generate robust data sets to ensure the strong pipeline development of first in class Gene Therapeutics.
3. Facilitate the smooth running and management of the laboratory through preparation of reagents and materials, managing lab supplies and ensuring H&S documentation and SOPs are in place.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Associate Research Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant BSc or MSc in a Biological discipline, ideally with a strong Molecular and Cellular focus.
2. Proven industry or academic experience where you have extensive laboratory experience from the routine running of experiments to general lab maintenance
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with a range of techniques focused around the molecular assessment of nucleic acids including Cell Culture, Western Blotting, DNA and RNA purification and preparation, transfection, qPCR as well as fluorescent and luminescent cell-based assays.
Key Words: Gene Therapy | Viral Vector | Biotechnology | Biotherapeutic | Cell Biology | Molecular Biology | Biochemistry | Scientist | Research | Associate Scientist | qPCR | DNA Extraction | RNA Extraction | Transfection | Cell-Based Assays
Other jobs with similar skills
Inside Service Sales Representative
Surrey | Experience Dependent
We have a brand new opportunity available for an Inside Service Sales Representative to join a growing life sciences company based in the Surrey area. As the Inside Service Sales Representative you w...Science
View & Apply
Stem Cell Research Assistant
Midlothian | £25,000 - £32,500 per annum
We are currently looking for a Stem Cell Research Assistant to join an exciting Biotechnology Start Up. As the Stem Cell Research Assistant you will be responsible for the differentiation and maintena...Science
View & Apply
Senior Upstream Process Development Scientist
Essex | £40,000 - £48,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Upstream Process Development Scientist to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in the Essex area. As the Senior Upstream Scientist you will be respo...Science
View & Apply