Job Reference: J5634209
Updated On: 04/01/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Associate Scientist/Scientist - Antibody Engineering
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Associate Scientist/Scientist - Antibody Engineering to join an exciting start-up Biotechnology business company based Cambridgeshire area. As the Associate Scientist/Scientist - Antibody Engineering you will have the opportunity to be one of the first scientists in this exciting new Immuno-oncology organisation focused on the development of novel immunotherapies.
Your role will be to help set-up the laboratories and begin the first experiments focused on Antibody expression and purification for the discovery of novel antibodies targeting the tumour micro-environment.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Associate Scientist/Scientist - Antibody Engineering will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will perform recombinant protein and antibody expression, purification and characterisation using Bacterial and Mammalian expression systems.
2. You will create reporter cell lines using molecular techniques and vector transfection for mammalian cell line engineering.
3. You will use a range of analytical assays to assess Antibody and Cell Line validity. These include but are not limited to ELISA, Flow Cytometry, HTRF and other fluorescence and cell-based assays.
4. You will help set up and manage the lab environment and ensure the correct and accurate recording and reporting of data.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Associate Scientist/Scientist - Antibody Engineering we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline where you have had a focused education on Protein Biochemistry as well as Molecular Biology.
2. Proven experience in with Protein / Antibody expression, purification and characterisation as well sa Mammalian cell culture and molecular Biology for cell line engineering
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with a range of techniques including but not limited HPLC, DNA Extraction, Vector / Plasmid trasfection, PCR, Cell Culture, Cell-based assays, ELISA, Flow cytometry etc.
Key Words: Protein Chemistry | Protein Biochemistry | Antibody Engineering | Antibody Discovery | Protein Characterisation | Protein Purification | Cell Culture | Mammalian Cell Culture | Expression | Purification ELISA
Other jobs with similar skills
Discovery Scientist - Immunology
London | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Discovery Scientist - Immunology to join a leading Immunotherapy Biotechnology business based in the London area. As the Discovery Scientist - Immunology you will be res...Science
View & Apply
Analytical Development Scientist - Flow Cytometry
London | £30,000 - £40,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Analytical Development Scientist - Flow Cytometry to join a leading Cell and Gene Therapy company based in London. As the Analytical Development Scientist - Flow Cytomet...Science
View & Apply
Development Scientist - In Vitro Liver Models
Newcastle Upon Tyne | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Development Scientist - In Vitro Liver Models to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the North West of England. As the Development Scientist - In Vitro Liver M...Science
View & Apply