J562802Wrexham County BoroughScience PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time05/10/2018Biochemistry Bioanalytical Bioassay
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Scientist / Senior Scientist Are you an experienced Scientist or Senior Scientist who is looking for a new exciting opportunity?We are currently looking for scientists to join a l... View Job
Senior Development Scientist We are currently looking for a Senior Development Scientist to become a technical specialist within a leading ATMP organisation based in South Wales. ... View Job
Bioanalysis Programme Manager We are currently looking for a Bioanalysis Programme Manager to join a leading company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Bioanalysis Programme ... View Job
We are currently looking for a Bioassay Specialist to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Wrexham area. As the Bioassay Specialist you will work within Analytical Development and be involved in effective bioassay testing to support therapeutic toxins and biological products.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Bioassay Specialist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will perform passage and plating of mammalian cell lines for consistent delivery of cells for use in bioassay development and testing. You will then perform bioassays in support of batch stability and product characterisation testing for clinical and pre- clinical development.
2. Design, development and validation of bioassays including in vitro cell based assays, immunoassays and activity assays will be an important duty in your role.
3. As the Bioassay Specialist you will be responsible for design, execution, qualification and validation of assay protocols as well as supporting the in house tech transfer of these assays.
4. Your role will include building rapport with customers and key partners and effectively communicating across internal teams to meet the bioassay development needs.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioassay Specialist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in a Life Sciences discipline with a number of years of experience working in a CRO or Pharmaceutical R&D is essential to your application.
2. Proven industry experience in Assay development, qualification and validation as well as Mammalian cell culturing techniques is essential to your application. Expertise of biostatistics and data processing related to bioassays including non-linear curve fitting is also essential.
3. Strong technical background with understanding of the regulatory expectations and associated guidance for example, USP and ICH for development, validation and implementation of potency assay for biologics is required.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.