J56343OxfordshirePharmaceutical Biotechnology Science PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time28/06/2018Biochemistry Biochemistry – Fermentation / Upstream Processing Biochemistry - Expression Biochemistry – Development / Validation Biochemistry – Production / Manufacturing Cell Culture New Product Introduction Technology Transfer Operations – Process Improvement
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Head of MSAT We are currently looking for a Head of MSAT to join a rapidly expanding and innovative Cell and Gene Therapy company based in Oxford. As the Head of M... View Job
CMC External Supply Manager - ATMP HRS are currently recruiting for a CMC External Supply Manager to join an exciting and innovative Gene Therapy company based in the Hertfordshire area... View Job
Bioprocess Consultant We currently have a fantastic opportunity for a Bioprocess Consultant specialising in upstream processing to join an exciting and reputable Biotechnol... View Job
An exciting opportunity for a Biochemical Engineer has become available to an expanding immunotherapy company based in the Oxfordshire. area. As the Biochemical Engineer you will be responsible for defining and conducting the lab and plant work necessary to develop, optimise and scale up the associated upstream and downstream processing.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Biochemical Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. lead and provide technical expertise on all aspects of process engineering. You will be involved in hands-on evaluation of process operations and development/optimisation of processes in the laboratory and the transfer of lab-scale processes to pilot plant and beyond.
2. Supervision of more junior scientists and close liaison with others within the team responsible for development and scale-up of the bioreactor process.
3. Liaise with external contract manufacturing organisation and assist with trouble shooting and problem solving with the Tech Transfer process.
4. Act as an onsite Subject Matter Expert for Bioreactor processes (50L).
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Biochemical Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree and ideally a PhD in Biochemical Engineering or similar discipline along with industrial experience working with Bioreactors of more than 50L.
2. Proven industry experience in Upstream or Downstream Processing is essential, Tech Transfer experience would be highly desirable.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience working with external CMOs would be advantageous.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.