Job Reference: J5632132
Updated On: 24/09/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Bioinformatician to join a leading biotechnology company based in the London area. As the Bioinformatician you will be responsible for helping build a machine learning platform for discovery of antibody and protein therapeutics.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Bioinformatician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As a Bioinformatician you will analysing NGS and amplicon-based data derived from the laboratory team, followed by interpretation to draw significant conclusions with the research and development team.
2. Whilst collaborating with the automation and data scientists you will develop pipelines that can analyse barcode/ UMI containing libraries.
3. As a Bioinformatician you will help develop and maintain bioinformatics tools with the software team, alongside coming up with cutting-edge approaches for the informatics analysis.
4.You will collaborate with the wet-lab team to design experiments and provide feedback for continuous improvement and development communicated in a clear and concise style.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioinformatician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Bioinformatics, Biomedical Science or another related scientific discipline.
2. Proven industry experience in developing custom pipelines for analysis of NGS data from variant libraries. Experience analysing amplicon-based data will be desirable for the role.
3. A working knowledge of applied statistics, bioinformatics tools and databases and strong practical experience programming in Python.
Key Words: Bioinformatician, Bioinformatics, Analysis, Programming, Pipeline, NGS, Amplicon, Python, Statistics, Library, Protein, Antibody, Therapeutics, Data, Design, Biotechnology, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence
Other jobs with similar skills
Cambridgeshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Senior Bioinformatician to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Bioinformatician you will be responsible for development ...Science
View & Apply
AI Software Developer
Berkshire | £40 - £50 per day
We are currently looking for a AI Software Developer to join the R&D division of a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Slough, Berkshire area. As the AI Software Developer you will be responsi...Science
View & Apply
Senior Informatics Platform Programmer
Cambridgeshire | £50,000 - £80,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Informatics Platform Programmer to join a leading bio company based in the Cambridgeshire area focusing on personalised medicine. As the Senior Informatics Platfo...Science
View & Apply