J562780CambridgeIS&T PermanentHighly competitive Full Time03/09/2018Innovation IT IT - Software Development - C++ IT - Software Development - Perl IT - Software Development
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Bioinformatician We are currently looking for a Senior Bioinformatician to join an exciting start-up company based in the Cambridgeshire area, exploring Microbiome The... View Job
Genetic Data Scientist We are currently looking for a Genetic Data Scientist to join an exciting start-up company based in the London area. As the Genetic Data Scientist you... View Job
Innovation Technology Project Manager We are currently looking for a Innovation Technology Project Manager to join a leading life sciences company based in the Slough, Berkshire, you will ... View Job
We are currently looking for a Bioinformatics Algorithm Developer to join a leading company in genomics based in the Chesterford, Cambridge area. As the Bioinformatics Algorithm Developer you will be responsible for:
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Bioinformatics Algorithm Developer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Bioinformatics Algorithm Developer you will define and develop algorithms and workflows independently whilst maintaining and improving bioinformatics software
2. You will be working with population-scale data sets from current and new platforms to solve complex computational and data integrity problems.
3. As the Bioinformatics Algorithm Developer you will provide methods, prototypes, and code for implementation and internal tools and end-user applications.
4. You will participate in cross-site projects and collaborations and present results to both internal and external partners.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioinformatics Algorithm Developer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree or higher in bioinformatics, mathematics, physics, computer science or another numerate subject.
2. Proven industry experience in using C or C++ and scripting such as Python, Perl or R whilst also having a demonstrable ability to design and optimize algorithms for DNA sequence analysis.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with open-source bioinformatics tools and practical experience with Amazon web services (or other cloud platforms). Experience with machine learning would be an advantage.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.