Job Reference: J5631305
Updated On: 11/04/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Bioinformatics Algorithm Developer to join a leading company based genomics company in the Cambridge area. As the Bioinformatics Algorithm Developer you will be responsible for development of algorithms and workflows to help maintain the companies informatics platform.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Bioinformatics Algorithm Developer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Define and develop algorithms and workflows independently whilst maintaining and improving the current Bioinformatics software.
2. Provide methods, prototypes and code for implementation of internal tools and end- user applications.
3. Participate in cross-site projects and collaborations and present results to both internal and external partners.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioinformatics Algorithm Developer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree or higher qualification in Bioinformatics, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science or a similar numerate subject.
2. Proven industry experience in using C or C++, and a scripting language such as Python, Perl or R.
3. A working knowledge and demonstrable ability in the design and optimization of algorithms for DNA sequence analysis.
4. Working knowledge of open-source Bioinformatics tools and libraries, and practical experience of AWS or other cloud platforms would be an advantage.
Key Words: Bioinformatics, Bioinformatician, Genomics, C, C++, Python, Algorithms, Developer, Statistics, Mathematics, Data, Cloud, AWS, Software
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Bioinformatics Programmer
Cambridge | £40,000 - £75,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Bioinformatics Programmer to join a leading Genomics company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Bioinformatics Programmer you will be responsible for...Science
View & Apply
Senior Informatics Platform Programmer
Cambridgeshire | £50,000 - £80,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Informatics Platform Programmer to join a leading bio company based in the Cambridgeshire area focusing on personalised medicine. As the Senior Informatics Platfo...Science
View & Apply