J5544Wrexham County BoroughPharmaceutical Biotechnology PermanentCompetitiveFull Time27/04/2018Biochemistry Bioanalytical Biochemistry - Formulation
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Analytical Scientist An exciting opportunity for a Senior Analytical Scientist has become available to join a leading Biologics Company based in the North West area. As th... View Job
Senior QC Analytical Scientist A fantastic opportunity for a Senior QC Analytical Scientist to join a leading Biologics company based in the North West in order to set up a brand ne... View Job
Relationship Development Director We are currently looking for a Relationship Development Director to join LGC's world-leading National Measurement Laboratory to support and accelerate... View Job
We are currently looking for a Biologics Formulation Sciences to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the North West area. As the Formulation Scientist you will be responsible for the execution of formulation development plans to provide robust liquid and lyophilised protein drug products.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Formulation Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop high throughput processes and methods for pH, buffer and excipient formulation screening and development, including effective use of Design of Experiment (DoE) approaches.
2. Apply knowledge of mechanism of protein degradation, aggregation, chemical modification or fragmentation to develop rationale approaches to improve biologic shelf life.
3. You will regularly work with HPLC, UV, FTIR and Fluorescence methods as well as in vitro methods including ELISA and activity assays.
4. Support regulatory filings by authoring/data checking relevant Module 3 sections.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Formulation Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD (or MSc/BSc with relevant experience) in a life Sciences discipline e.g. Formulation, Pharmaceutical Sciences etc.
2. Proven industry experience in a Biologics, GMP environment would be desirable
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Proteins, including their degradation, aggregation and fragmentation is vital for this position.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.