Job Reference: J5635472
Updated On: 17/09/2021
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist to join a leading biotech company based in the Cambridge area. As the Bioinformatics Scientist you will drive the development of computational tools and perform omics data analysis to support target identification and therapeutics development platforms
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Bioinformatics Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Bioinformatics Scientist you will drive the development of computational tools and perform omics data analysis to support target identification and therapeutics development platforms
2. Develop internal bioinformatic omics data analysis pipelines for data QC, processing and analysis. Maintenance of and improvements to existing genomic pipelines and bioinformatics tools will also be required.
3. Develop and apply statistical methods and novel algorithms for integration of multi-omics datasets
4. Drive novel computational approaches to translate human genetic and genomic evidence to inform target selection and validation decisions.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioinformatics Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A PhD in Computational Biology, Data Science, Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Machine Learning, Statistics, Statistical Genetics, or a related discipline
2. Demonstrated experience with high dimensional data and machine learning to integrate multi-omics data (e.g. transcriptomics, epigenomics, regulatory genomics, proteomics) for disease research.
3. Proficiency in a programming language (such as R, Python, Perl, SQL) and a good working knowledge of common bioinformatics databases (e.g. ENCODE, GTEx, TCGA, Expression Atlas), resources and tools.
Key Words: Bionformatics, genomics, python, perl, omics, data, statistics, computational biology
Other jobs with similar skills
Lead Bioinformatics Scientist
Macclesfield | £50,000 - £55,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Lead Bioinformatics Scientist to join a leading biotech company based in the Macclesfield area. As the Lead Bioinformatics Scientist you will be responsible for leading ...Science
View & Apply
Cambridgeshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Bioinformatics Scientist to join a leading Biotech company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Bioinformatics Scientist you will be responsible for the analysis of ...Science
View & Apply