J3867City of LondonBiotechnology Engineering Science Permanent£30,000 to £38,000 per annum - Dependent on experienceFull Time03/05/2017Biochemistry
Biochemistry – Fermentation / Upstream Processing
Biochemistry – Production / Manufacturing
Engineering – Biochemical
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Multiple vacancies for Biotechnologists to join a leading Biotechnology company based in Berkshire. As the Biotechnologist you will be part of the man... View Job
Cell Banking Technologist
Two vacancies have become available for Cell Banking Technologists to join a multinational biotechnology company based in the Berkshire area. As the C... View Job
Process Transfer Engineer
We are currently looking for a Process Transfer Engineer to join the manufacturing science and technology team within a global Life Sciences business ... View Job
An exciting opportunity for a Bioprocess Development Automation Engineer has become available within an exciting and fast growing Biotechnology company based in London. As the Bioprocess Development Automation Engineer you will be responsible for supporting the development of automated cell therapy processing systems at an industrial-scale.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Bioprocess Development Automation Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Interact with process development scientists within academic and industrial settings.
2. Progression of research based manufacturing processes to scalable clinical manufacturing systems that become suitable for commercial use.
3. Support development of automated cell processing systems for translation into industrial manufacture of cell and gene therapies.
4. You will apply these processing systems to both internal and external collaborative/ commercial projects.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioprocess Development Automation Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree and ideally a PhD or EngD in Biochemical Engineering or Bioprocess Engineering or similar, experience working with an industrial partner will be highly desirable.
2. Proven industry experience in biologics or cell therapies along with experience with automated cell processing systems.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with state of the art processing technologies, particularly using automated systems will be an advantage.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.