Job Reference: J5633433
Updated On: 10/08/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Bioprocess Engineer to join an innovative biotechnology company based in the Greater Manchester area. As the Bioprocess Engineer you will be responsible for developing process controls and scaling-up the technology processes to pilot and commercial scales.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Bioprocess Engineer will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Your work will focus on scale up design work to commercialisation, so calculations for plant design will be necessary.
2. As the Bioprocess Engineer, you will work closely with fermentation teams and customers to aid fermentation development and the scale up of the separation technology.
3. It will be your responsibility to trouble shoot with the scale up processes and use your knowledge of working with bioreactors in industry to help solve problems fast.
4. You will be required to source suitable facilities and engineering firms for the construction of equipment in the pilot facility.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Bioprocess Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a bioprocess related subject (e.g. Bioprocess Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Industrial Biotechnology, Biochemistry etc.) is necessary and a PhD is beneficial.
2. Proven industry experience in running bioreactors up to industrial scale and coordinating scale up projects will be required for this role.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with purification and/or formulation techniques will be advantageous, alongside a knowledge of surfactant and lipid quantification.
Key Words: Process Engineer | Fermentation | Bioreactor | Scale Up | Plant Design | Purification | Biosurfactant | Lipid Quantification | Separation | Bioprocess | Engineering | Microbial | Microbiology | Biotechnology
Other jobs with similar skills
North Yorkshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Fermentation Engineer to join an exciting Biotechnology company based in the North East of the UK. As the Fermentation Engineer you will be responsible for running and m...Science
View & Apply
Microbial Upstream Process Development Scientist
Kent | £35,000 - £55,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Microbial Upstream Process Development Scientist to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in Kent. As the Microbial Upstream Process Development Scientist you w...Science
View & Apply
Experienced Fermentation Scientist
Staffordshire, Midlands | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for an Experienced Fermentation Scientist to join an international clinical and commercial manufacturer of biologics based in the Staffordshire area. As the Experienced Fermen...Science
View & Apply