Job Reference: J5631159
Updated On: 23/05/2019
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Biostatistician to join a leading company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Biostatistician you will be responsible for involvement in the development of methods for statistical association and helping extend the companies informatics platform.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Biostatistician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Develop methods for statistical association of large-scale (meta)genomics datasets with clinical metadata
2. Idenitfy, develop and implement new analytical, statistical and machine-learning methods to improve the companies informatics platform
3. Provide statistical input into study designs and analysis plans for complex datasets including clinical trials
4. Provide statistical support across the company
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Biostatistician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PhD or Masters in Biostatistics, statistics or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
2. Proficiency in a high-level programming language, e.g. Perl or Python.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with machine learning methods and running analyses on a high performance compute: farms, clusters or cloud.
4. Experience working with patient metadata and microbial genomics / metagenomics is desirable.
Key Words: Statistics, Biostatistician, Statistician, Perl, Python, Machine Learning, Cloud, AWS, genomics, metadata, metabolomics, modelling, informatics, data analysis
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Bioinformatics Programmer
Cambridgeshire | £40,000 - £75,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Bioinformatics Programmer to join a leading Genomics company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Senior Bioinformatics Programmer you will be responsible for...Science
View & Apply
Logistics Data Analyst
London, Greater London | £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join a leading environmental company based in the London, Greater London area. As the Data Analyst you will be responsible for using data to solve nume...Science
View & Apply