Job Reference: J5636709
Status: Open to Applications
We are currently looking for a Biostatistician to join a leading Pharmaceuticals company based in Berkshire. As the Biostatistician you will be responsible for conducting new target assessments and working in close collaboration with a New Targets Team and leveraging platforms that integrate molecular evidences linking targets to disease.
We are looking for an individual to join on a 9-12 month contract, working on a hybrid basis.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Biostatistician will be provided with an opportunity to work cloesly with experienced team members to process in-house and public RNA-seq studies and develop interpretive analyses catered to address specific new target questions. The key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Programming in R or Python in a Linux / HPC environment.
2. Experience of implementing and executing NGS pre-processing and analysis pipelines and machine learning and statistical modelling approaches is desirable.
3. Experience of cloud-based NGS pipelining environments such as DNA Nexus and Seven bridges would be an advantage.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Biostatistician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Ability to work independently and deliver against deadlines.
2. Good problem solving and communication skills
3. To be comfortable with statistical concepts, data mining, and visualization of biological data types.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.