J5631172HertfordshireBiotechnology Science Agrochemical Permanent£35,000 to £50,000 per annum - Dependent on ExperienceFull Time21/03/2019Biochemistry Chemistry Microbiology Product Technologist – Pharma / Biotech Sustainability R&D
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Account Manager We are currently looking for a Senior Account Manager to join a leading Biotechnology company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Senior Account M... View Job
Senior Account Manager - Consumables We are currently looking for a Senior Account Manager - Consumables to join a market leading company based in the London area. As the Senior Account M... View Job
Account Manager - Life Science We are currently looking for a Account Manager - Life Science to join a leading company based in Ireland. As the Account Manager - Life Science, you w... View Job
We are currently looking for a Biotechnology Specialist to join a global leader in speciality chemicals based in the Hertfordshire area. As the Biotechnology Specialist, you will be responsible for using new technologies to inspire changes within the plant biotechnology industry.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Biotechnology Specialist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be joining the Discovery Team in Plant Impact where you will be researching methods to improve crop yield and quality.
2. It will be your responsibility to identify potentially new chemical biostimulant compounds through the means of searching literature, interacting with external organisations and using computational techniques.
3. As the Biotechnology Specialist, you will use your understanding of biochemical pathways to asses the viability of compounds and take this knowledge through to experimentation studies.
4. You will take a lead role in the Discovery function where you will demonstrate your knowledge in homology, modelling, docking and virtual screening and will take ligand-based approaches to your experiments.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Biotechnology Specialist, we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. You will have a relevant degree in a scientific subject (e.g. Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Pharmaceuticals, Plant Biology, etc.) and in addition, a PhD in a biological science will be highly beneficial.
2. Proven experience working within plant biochemistry in industry will be necessary for this position. An understanding of recent developments in biostimulant compounds and the requirements for product commercialisation in this discipline is desirable.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with project management and an ability to generate commercially viable solutions is essential to your application.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.