J5630806CambridgeshirePharmaceutical Science PermanentDependent on ExperienceFull Time24/01/2019Cellular Biology & Molecular Biology Cell Culture Bioassay Immunoassay Microbiology Microbiology – Pharmaceutical Project Management R&D R&D – Pharmaceutical / Biotechnology Pre Clinical Research
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Account Manager - Consumables We are currently looking for a Senior Account Manager - Consumables to join a market leading company based in the London area. As the Senior Account M... View Job
Laboratory Technician - R&D We currently have an exciting opportunity available for an experienced scientist to join a growing animal health company based in Edinburgh as Laborat... View Job
Genomics Account Manager We are currently looking for a Genomics Account Manager to join a leading company based in the Midlands. As the Genomics Account Manager you will be r... View Job
We are currently looking for a Cell Biology Group Leader to join a leading Microbiology Therapeutic Research company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Group Leader in Cell Biology you will be responsible for developing and performing cellular immunology assays which will play a key role in the discovery of novel bacterial therapeutics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Cell Biology Group Leader will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. It will be your responsibility to set up, develop and optimise cell biology capabilities and methods of testing the modulation by anaerobic bacteria.
2. You will develop immunological assays and cell models in order to characterise bacteria. It will therefore be necessary for you to liaise with external CROs for support in your projects by developing assays where necessary.
3. You will have an interest in translational research and keep up to date with immunology and microbiome biology developments within the industry.
4. It will be important for you to maintain a good relationship with the Cell Biology Group, while managing, mentoring and developing the group members.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Cell Biology Group Leader we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A relevant PhD in an immunology related field (e.g. Mucosal Immunology, Cancer Immunology, Translational Biology, Drug Development, Cell Biology, etc.) is required for this role.
2. Proven experience in an industry setting would be beneficial, especially working with autoimmune diseases or cancer immunology.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with flow cytometry, tissue culture and cellular immunology techniques is necessary for this position. Having this experience combined with managerial and leadership skills would be highly advantageous.
Key Words: Cell Biology / Immunology / Group Leader / Microbiology / Cancer Immunology / Immuno-oncology / Bacteria / Drug Development / Therapeutics / Leadership / Tissue Culture / Flow Cytometry / Research / Translational Biology / Autoimmune Diseases
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.