Job Reference: J5638582
Status: Now Interviewing
We are currently looking for a Cell Biologist to join a leading early stage, computational and AI driven drug discovery company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Cell Biology Scientist you will be joining the Target Discovery team focused on functional genomics studies and you will be responsible for the development of novel cell-based assays.
This role would suit a recent PhD graduate keen to move into a fast paced industry environment where you have the opportunity to work on novel therapeutics for rare, neural Cancers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
Your duties as the Cell Biology Scientist - Functional Genomics will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Mammalian Cell Culture of cell lines as well as neuroepithelial stem Cells (NSC) and neurosphere cultures.
2. Help design and develop genomic screens for Target Discovery utilising CRISPR and siRNA technology approaches.
3. Optimise and troubleshoot for target validation using a range of molecular biology and cellular biology techniques
4. Work along side a small, dynamic team of experienced Target Discovery and Cell Biology professionals.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Cell Biology Scientist - Functional Genomics we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology or related Scientific discipline where you have hands on experience with CRISPR or siRNA technologies.
2. Proven industry experience in developing and optimising novel cell and molecular biology approaches.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with in Cancer Biology and Oncology will benefit your application. Neural Stem Cell experience is highly advantageous.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.
Sectors: Biotechnology, Life Sciences, Drug Discovery
Skills: Life Sciences - Cellular Biology, Life Sciences - Molecular Biology, Life Sciences - Neurobiology, Life Sciences - Tissue / Cellular Engineering, Life Sciences - Expression, Life Sciences - Cell Culture, Life Sciences - Neuroscience, Life Sciences - Genomics