J562620City Of GlasgowScience Permanent£25,000 to £35,000 per annum - Dependent on experienceFull Time30/07/2018Biochemistry Biochemistry – Fermentation / Upstream Processing Biochemistry – Production / Manufacturing Cellular Biology & Molecular Biology Cell Culture
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Head of MSAT We are currently looking for a Head of MSAT to join a rapidly expanding and innovative Cell and Gene Therapy company based in Oxford. As the Head of M... View Job
Flow Cytometry Sales Executive We are currently looking for a Flow Cytometry Sales Executive to join a Global leading company that have been in the Life Science industry for over 80... View Job
MSAT Project Leader We are currently looking for a MSAT Project Leader to join an exciting and rapidly expanding Biosimilars company based in Iceland. As the MSAT Project... View Job
Are you an experienced cell culture development scientist looking for a new job opportunity?
We are currently looking for a Cell Culture Development Scientist to join an exciting company based in the Glasgow area.
As the Cell Culture Development Scientist you will be responsible for the complete cell line development project, beginning with generation and maintenance of cell cultures, transfection of mammalian cell lines, cell cloning, cell culture and characterisation. You will construct, select and characterise cell lines suitable for the production of therapeutic proteins.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Cell Culture Development Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be responsible for cell line development, including transfection, cell culture cloning, sample and data analysis including report writing.
2. You will also be responsible for managing day to day activities to successfully and proactively progress the project to plan.
3. You will maintain cell cultures to the highest standards to support cell line construction, to time and to budget.
4. Additionally, as the cell culture development scientist, you will maintain the laboratory equipment to the highest standard within the company's quality system.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Cell Culture Development Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a life sciences discipline. A PhD is desirable.
2. Proven industry experience of mammalian cell culture as well as cell cloning and aseptic technique experience under GMP regulations is essential.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with molecular biology, protein chemistry and performing immunoassays is desirable.
Key Words: Cell Culture | Development Scientist | Molecular Biology | Life Sciences | Protein Chemistry Purification Analysis | Immunoassays | Cell Line | GMP
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.