Job Reference: J5634924
Updated On: 02/08/2021
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Chemistry Group Leader to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Essex area. As the Chemistry Group Leader you will be an experienced project leader who is able to provide scientific and strategic leadership across the drug discovery pipeline, from target validation through to clinical candidate nomination and beyond.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Chemistry Group Leader will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As the Chemistry Group Leader you will act as a scientific lead within the Chemistry department, with responsibility for health and safety, performance management, objective setting, providing feedback and motivating and developing staff.┬
2. You will provide┬ drug discovery expertise both internally and to clients, challenging thinking and using own initiative to help to influence, define and deliver scientific objectives for self and others.
3. As the Chemistry Group Leader you will provide independent scientific leadership of multiple project teams by designing and coordinating work plans, actively managing project resources and finances, influencing across disciplines and using strategic decision making and creative problem solving┬ to achieve project goals.
4. You will take a leading role in securing new business opportunities, working independently with Business Development to prepare scientific proposals and present to potential new clients.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Chemistry Group Leader we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in Medicinal Chemistry, Drug Discovery or closely related subject.
2. Proven industry experience in of successfully leading complex project teams, interacting across disciplines,┬ planning & managing resources and finances┬ and influencing within and outside of the project.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience in drug discovery covering different therapeutic areas and project phases across multiple target classes.
Key Words: Drug Discovery, Project Leader, Project Lead, Project Manager, Group Lead, Medicinal Chemistry, Essex, Cambridge, Pharmaceutical, Chemistry Group Leader
Other jobs with similar skills
Lanarkshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Lead Chemist to join a world leading life sciences company based in the Lanarkshire area. The role of Lead Chemist requires skills in both practical and theoretical synt...Science
View & Apply
Synthetic Organic Chemist
Derbyshire | Experience Dependent
Are you an experienced synthetic organic chemist looking for a new exciting opportunity? We are currently looking for a Synthetic Organic Chemist to join a leading company based at their site in De...Science
View & Apply