J5525CheshirePharmaceutical Biotechnology CRO/CMO PermanentDependent on experienceFull Time13/08/2018Animal Technician Toxicology Pre Clinical Research Animal Breeding Animal Husbandry Animal Husbandry - Supervisor / Manager
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Chief Animal Technician We are currently looking for a Chief Animal Technician to join a growing life sciences company. This role can be based in Cheshire but will involve re... View Job
Licensed Animal Technologist We are currently looking for a Licensed Animal Technologist to join an exciting ATMP company based in London. As the Licensed Animal Technologist you ... View Job
In Vivo Research Assistant A Fantastic opportunity for an In Vivo Research Assistant has become available to join a leading Gene Therapy company based in the Hertfordshire area.... View Job
We are currently looking for a Chief Animal Technician to join a growing life sciences company. This role will be based in Cheshire.
Our client works in the pharma, biotech, food, environmental, agrochemical, petrochemical, chemical and consumer products sectors. They support drug discovery and development in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology markets, provide testing and specialist analytical services and consultancy to the food and environmental sectors, provide toxicology services to the agrochemical, consumer products, chemical and pharmaceutical industries and materials chemistry services to the petrochemical industry.
They are now looking for a Chief Animal Technician to support animal studies.
This role will require candidates to have experience with: Animal Husbandry, Home Office Licence, GLP, in vivo studies, pharmacology, toxicology, CRO, Contract Research, ADME, DMPK, drug discovery, Chief Animal Technician etc.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Chief Animal Technician will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will be a scientific specialist for in vivo assays in support of Pharmacology, ADME/DMPK and Toxicology.
2. Management of the scientific activities at our animal facilities (Dundee and Alderley Park). This will include maintenance of GLP qualifications at our animal facilities.
3. Good communication and relationship with our veterinaries and Home Office inspectors, including management and maintenance of Home Office project licences.
4. As Chief Animal Technician, you will have management responsibilities over the technical staff involved with animal studies.
To be successful in your application to this opportunity as the Chief Animal Technician we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Home Office licence is a requirement (module 5 would be expected). Support for certification for the right candidate can be provided.
2. Substantial experience in a CRO or similar position in an industrial setting, including relevant experience in Pharmacology or Toxicology and have experience in conducting animal studies in a CRO.
3. Previous experience of GLP compliance for in vivo studies is a requirement.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.