Job Reference: J5633775
Updated On: 17/09/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewHRS are looking for a Clinical Laboratory Supervisor - Molecular Biology to join a leading life sciences organisation on the front line of fighting COVID-19. The company is based in South Wales area. As the Clinical Laboratory Supervisor - Molecular Biology, you will perform DNA/RNA extraction and PCR. This will be a 12 month FTC with shift work.
This will be a great opportunity for an experienced biomedical scientist (HCPS accredited ideally) to support with building clinical sequencing laboratory services.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Clinical Laboratory Supervisor - Molecular Biology will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Directing daily high complexity laboratory operations including decision-making, response to problems, identifying errors and taking corrective actions.
2. Developing, writing, reviewing and implementing procedures and policies adhering to ISO15189.
3. Demonstrating technical expertise in molecular biology techniques, including RNA Extraction and rtPCR
4. As the Clinical Laboratory Supervisor you will be supervising junior staff and conduct employee performance appraisals.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Clinical Laboratory Supervisor - Molecular Biology we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Molecular Biology, Biomedical Sciences, Biological Sciences, Microbiology etc. HCPS accreditation preferred.
2. Proven experience working in a clinical setting focused on Molecular Biology. Ideally in a regulated environment, ISO15189.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with molecular biology techniques, including PCR, DNA/RNA extraction.
Key Words: PCR / DNA / RNA extraction / Clinical Laboratory / ISO15189 / Biomedical Sciences / Infectious Disease
Other jobs with similar skills
Sample Preparation Scientist
Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire | Experience Dependent
Are you a Biological Sciences graduate looking for a laboratory job opportunity? We are currently looking for Sample Preparation Scientists on a Fixed Term Contract to be a part of the continuing ...Science
View & Apply
PCR Scientist - COVID19 Testing
South Wales | Experience Dependent
HRS are looking for PCR Scientists to join a leading life sciences organisation on the front line of fighting COVID-19. The company is based in South Wales area. As the PCR Scientist, you will perform...Science
View & Apply
Senior Scientist - Protein and Enzyme Drug Discovery
Belfast | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Senior Scientist with experience of Protein Drug Discovery to join a leading Pharmaceutical company who focus on research driven drug discovery based in the Belfast area...Science
View & Apply