Job Reference: J5636571
Updated On: 16/06/2022
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Cloud Infrastructure Engineer to work in a Service Operations department for a leading Environmental company based in the Staffordshire area for 6 months, with hybrid-working provided.
This would be an exciting opportunity for someone to advance their career in the IS&T sector in a cloud environment and gain industry-leading experience in a thriving and supportive workplace.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Cloud Infrastructure Engineer will use the full AWS infrastructure stack and VMWare technologies. With a keen focus on virtualisation technologies, networking, resilient design, durability, serverless, financial controls and cloud technologies to assist in infrastructure strategy and continuous improvement of PaaS and ‘serverless’ architectures.
1. As the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer you will help manage all infrastructure elements and ensure maximum availability and value in the supporting and resolution to our Customers issues as raised through our incident management system (ServiceNow).
2. You will be part of a wider team who help to optimise, improve and create code and processes to help solve business requirements inline with strategy through use of automation to improve business processes. To provide recommendations and improvements on the current infrastructure ensuring that the correct balance between stability and innovation is maintained.
3. As part of the role you will support MS SQL database administration and Scripting / Automation programming knowledge/skills (PowerShell/Python/JSON/YAML) to maintain and conduct platform maintenance on all infrastructure elements.
4. In this role you will help apply infrastructure strategy and continuous refinement to challenge conventional ideas and assumptions related to infrastructure, specifically relating to PaaS and ‘serverless’ architectures.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Cloud Infrastructure Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Excellent understanding of full AWS infrastructure stack and VMWare technologies.
2. Keen focus on virtualisation technologies, networking, resilient design, durability, serverless, financial controls and cloud technologies.
3. Proven experience of challenging conventional ideas and assumptions related to infrastructure, specifically relating to PaaS and ‘serverless’ architectures.
Key Words: Cloud Infrastructure Engineer / Cloud Engineer / Infrastructure / AWS / 3rd Line / PowerShell / Python / Server / Hybrid /
Other jobs with similar skills
IT Desktop Support
Hertfordshire | £35,000 - £38,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a IT Desktop Support Specialist to join a growing Pharmaceutical manufacturing company based in the Hertfordshire area. As the IT Desktop Support, you will be part of the ...Science
View & Apply
Ecommerce Web Support
Teddington, Middlesex | £30,000 - £34,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Ecommerce Web Support Assistant to join a leading Life Science company based in the London area. As the Ecommerce Web Support Assistant you will be responsible for worki...Science
View & Apply