J5631213OxfordshireScience Permanent£32,000 to £42,000 per annumFull Time27/03/2019Chemistry – Computational Chemistry
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Scientist, Cell Line Development We are currently looking for a Scientist to join the Cell Line Development team within a leading Antibody Discovery company based in the Cambridge are... View Job
Technical Expert - Mass Spectrometry We are currently looking for a Technical Specialist - Mass Spectrometry to join a leading company based in the Northampton area. As the Technical Spec... View Job
Analytical Scientist We are currently looking for an Analytical Scientist to join a leading Pharmaceutical company based in the Kent area. As the Analytical Scientist you ... View Job
We are currently looking for a Computational Chemist to join a leading company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Computational Chemist you will be responsible for contributing towards the development of Computer Aided Drug Discovery.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Computational Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As a Computational Chemist you will be working within a team of industry molecular designers to deliver computational chemistry support to the internal and external discovery programs.
2. Using innovation and problem solving to contribute towards the CADD and be able to publicise your work in peer-reviewed journals and at conferences.
3. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within an interdisciplinary environment at a fast-pace and with high energy.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Computational Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A PhD in computational chemistry or a related scientific field.
2. Proven experience in computational chemistry activities with a thorough understanding of ligand-based drug design and the drug discovery and development process.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with machine learning, statistical modelling and advanced data analysis.
4. Experience with modelling software including MOE, Cresset, GAMESS, OpenEye, ChemAxon, KNIME.
5. Experience with quantum mechanics calculations and molecular dynamics simulations.
Key Words: Drug discovery, CADD, Computational Chemistry, Drug Design, Molecular Modelling, Quantum Mechanics, Cheminformatics, MOE, Cresset, Python, Perl, Java, C++
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.