Job Reference: J5631213
Updated On: 02/05/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Computational Chemist to join a leading company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Computational Chemist you will be responsible for contributing towards the development of Computer Aided Drug Discovery.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Computational Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As a Computational Chemist you will be working within a team of industry molecular designers to deliver computational chemistry support to the internal and external discovery programs.
2. Using innovation and problem solving to contribute towards the CADD and be able to publicise your work in peer-reviewed journals and at conferences.
3. Ability to work collaboratively and effectively within an interdisciplinary environment at a fast-pace and with high energy.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Computational Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. A PhD in computational chemistry or a related scientific field.
2. Proven experience in computational chemistry activities with a thorough understanding of ligand-based drug design and the drug discovery and development process.
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with machine learning, statistical modelling and advanced data analysis.
4. Experience with modelling software including MOE, Cresset, GAMESS, OpenEye, ChemAxon, KNIME.
5. Experience with quantum mechanics calculations and molecular dynamics simulations.
6. Scripting / programming skills (E.g. Python, Perl, Java, C++ etc.)
Key Words: Drug discovery, CADD, Computational Chemistry, Drug Design, Molecular Modelling, Quantum Mechanics, Cheminformatics, MOE, Cresset, Python, Perl, Java, C++
Other jobs with similar skills
AWS IT Engineer
Staffordshire | £40,000 - £45,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a AWS IT Engineer to join a leading technology focused company based in the Cannock, Staffordshire area. As the AWS IT Engineer you will be responsible for migration into ...Science
View & Apply
Logistics Data Analyst
London, Greater London | £28,000 - £32,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Data Analyst to join a leading environmental company based in the London, Greater London area. As the Data Analyst you will be responsible for using data to solve nume...Science
View & Apply