Job Reference: J5632004
Updated On: 08/08/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Computational Chemist to join a leading drug discovery CRO company based in the Oxfordshire area. As the Computational Chemist you will be part of the research informatics team and be responsible for contributing towards the development of computer aided drug discovery projects.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Computational Chemist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. As a Computational Chemist you will working closely with molecular designers, working on discovery programs both internal and external by offering support to the computational chemistry requirements.
2. You will use innovation and problem solving to contribute towards the CADD from development of algorithms and workflows.
3. As a Computational Chemist you will have to publicise your work in peer-reviewed journals and at conferences. You may also be expected to be involved with client interaction and business development activities.
4. You will have the ability to work collaboratively and effectively within an interdisciplinary environment at a fast-pace and with high energy.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as a Computational Chemist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant PhD in Computational Chemistry, Cheminformatics or another related discipline, with industry experience preferable.
2. Proven industry experience in using molecular modelling software such as MOE, Cresset, GAMESS, OpenEye, and scripting skills using Python or Perl.
3. A working knowledge of ligand-based and structure based drug design and practical experience with complex data analysis and statistical modelling techniques.
Key Words: computational chemistry, cheminformatics, computational design, drug discovery, molecular modelling, MOE, Cresset, OpenEye, python, virtual screening, quantum mechanics, molecular dynamics, statistics, CADD, research
Other jobs with similar skills
Senior Computational Chemist
Nottingham | £30,000 - £50,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Senior Computational Chemist to join a leading Contract Research Organisation based in the Nottingham area. As the Senior Computational Chemist you will be responsible...Science
View & Apply
Berkshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Bioinformatician to join a leading scientific company based in the Berkshire area. As the Bioinformatician you will be responsible for providing technical leadership by ...Science
View & Apply