J562625CambridgeshirePharmaceutical Biotechnology Science Permanent£30,000 to £40,000 per annum - Depending on experience Full Time03/12/2018Cellular Biology & Molecular Biology Cell Culture Microbiology Microbiology – Pharmaceutical
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Life Science Sales Specialist HRS currently have an exciting opportunity for a Life Science Sales Specialist to join a Leading UK Life Science Laboratory Products organisation. Thi... View Job
Cell Biology Group Leader We are currently looking for a Cell Biology Group Leader to join a leading Microbiology Therapeutic Research company based in the Cambridgeshire area.... View Job
Senior Account Manager - Consumables We are currently looking for a Senior Account Manager - Consumables to join a market leading company based in the London area. As the Senior Account M... View Job
We are currently looking for an experienced Biobanking Scientist to become a Culture Collection Curator with a leading Microbiome Research organisation based in Cambridge. As the Culture Collection Curator you will be responsible for maintaining a large and diverse prokaryotic culture collection for the development of novel live bacterial therapeutics.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Culture Collection Curator will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will manage, organise and update a large microbial culture collection through assessing the viability of the culture stocks and clinical samples as well as ensuring that extensive and detailed records are kept. 2. You will assist with the phenotypic characterisation of microbial isolates through techniques such as Selective Media Plating, Gram Staining and Genomic Analysis (e.g. 16S sequencing / MALDI-ToF etc.)
3. You will use your strong organisational and communication skills to manage numerous priorities simultaneously and ensure accurate records are kept across the company.
4. You will use your biobanking experience and knowledge to optimise current processes, procedures and methodologies while keeping abreast of quality systems and legal requirements surrounding the archival of human-derived materials.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Culture Collection Curator we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Life Sciences discipline in addition to experience with Microbial culturing and managing Biobanks, large microbial culture collections or sample archives.
2. Proven industry experience in sample and data management with the drive and determination to develop current processes.
3. An aptitude for interdisciplinary work and a proven ability to communicate with scientists of various disciplines.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.