Job Reference: J5631793
Updated On: 27/06/2019
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Customer Service Representative
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for an experienced life sciences Customer Service Representative to join a growing biotechnology company based in the Lanarkshire area.
As the Customer Service Representative you will be responsible for order administration between the customer and company operations team, in order to facilitate a smooth order entry and fulfilment process. You will be the first point of contact for customer interactions for the site.
Our client provides a range of measurement products and services which underpin the safety, health and security of the public, including reference materials and proficiency testing, genomics solutions, services and instrumentation, and expert sample analysis and interpretation. Their customers are across a number of end markets including Pharmaceuticals, Agricultural Biotechnology, Food, Environment, Government and Academia.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Customer Service Representative will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. Enter customer orders on to ERP system and send customer order confirmations. Monitor the Customer Service incoming emails and assist customer or assign to relevant colleague.
2. You will receive and action intercompany orders from other sites.
3. Facilitate order process with local operations team to ensure orders are fulfilled in a timely manner. Liaise closely with operations, logistics and other sites.
4. Raise quotation documents based on customer or sales team requests. Look up and provide basic product information (list prices, stock, pack sizes, delivery times etc).
5. Answer incoming customer phone calls and direct/assist. Educate/guide customers on to online ordering and support online orders (when applicable)
6. Handle complaints, resolve customer order problems. Provide basic cover for technical/scientific support during periods of absence (non-scientific).
7. Report and present updates to Global Customer Service Director and/or global team on performance, news and developments.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Customer Service Representative we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. You will require experience of B2B Purchasing and sales order processes. This experience will have been gained in a customer facing role.
2. You will have experience in administration or customer service in a biotechnology, pharmacology or chemistry background is essential. Ideally you will have experience of IFS, Hybris or Salesforce.
3. We are looking for someone to work independently, who is self motivated and can prioritise workload under minimal supervision. You will be willing to learn, and build relationships with on site staff as well as those based at other sites, and be able to supervise a team.
Note: Domestic and international travel may be required on an ad-hoc basis.
Key Words: Customer Service | Order processing | Customer Support | Science | Purchasing
Other jobs with similar skills
Berkshire | Experience Dependant
We are currently looking for a Research Associate to join a leading Biopharmaceutical company based in the Berkshire area on a 12 month contract basis. As the Research Associate you will be responsibl...Science
View & Apply
Outreach Scientist - Mandarin Speaking
Teddington, Middlesex | Experience Dependant
HRS have a fantastic opportunity available for an Outreach Scientist - Mandarin Speaking to join a leading biomedical research and discovery company based in the Middlesex area. As the Outreach Scien...Science
View & Apply