Job Reference: J5633664
Updated On: 15/09/2020
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Data Engineer to join a leading Environmental company based in the London area. As the Data Engineer you will be responsible for automating data workflows and deploying them into production environments with GIS Software.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesYour duties as the Data Engineer will be to develop automated workflows with GIS software however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. The Data Engineer will work closely with our GIS Manager in order to create automated spatial workflows and deploy them into production environments.
2. In the role you will develop databases and datasets for GIS users and create and publish maps and web applications to deliver geographic content to the business.
3. The successful candidate will have strong communication skills and be able to explain technical solutions to technical and non technical collaborates and have a strong sense of curiosity and an ability to break a complex problem into manageable parts.
4. The Data Engineer will work with GIS users and spatial data consumers within the business to identify spatial requirements and be responsible for developing appropriate solutions.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Data Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Mathematical & Computer Science field
2. Proven experience in working with cloud infrastructure
3. A working knowledge and practical experience with Azure Databricks, FME, ArcGIS Online, PostGIS, and ArcGIS Pro would be an advantage.
Key Words: Data Engineer GIS Spatial Azure Python Cloud Infrastructure Workflow
Other jobs with similar skills
London | £42,000 - £47,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Business Systems Analyst to join a leading Life Sciences company based in the London area. As the Business Systems Analyst you will be responsible for gathering requirem...Science
View & Apply
Digital Transformation Manager
Staffordshire | £35,000 - £40,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Digital Transformation Manager to join a industry leading environmental company based in the Staffordshire area. Reporting into the Regional Manager the role will be res...Science
View & Apply