Job Reference: J5636593
Updated On: 13/06/2022
Status: Now Interviewing
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Data Engineer to focus on data standards across the clients organisation. The role is for a Leading Environmental company and can be based anywhere in the UK The Data Engineer will look across every system, dataset and data pipeline in order to identify areas for improvement.
Key Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe Data Engineer will be part of the Data and Analytics function of the business and will help design and develop processes for acquiring data from disparate data sources using innovative methods. The role works closely with our team of Data Architects, Data Scientists, Report Developers and other Data Engineers to deliver end-to-end data solutions to deliver value by driving insight and automating business processes. The key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. The Data Engineer will have assess every system, dataset and data pipeline in order to identify areas for improvement using architecting, designing and implementing solutions in Microsoft Azure Stack
2. In this role you will apply a software engineering mindset to the development, testing and release process of data solutions to ensure smart and fast deployments while maintaining a quality end product.
3. The Data Engineer will use SQL & Python to develop with industry best practice in mind, designing and implementing well-constructed and human readable code.
4. The data engineer will become a recognised subject matter expert on matters pertaining to Master Data to help manage the transition of Master Data requirements into live operations.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Data Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Mathematical / IT or Computer Science area.
2. SQL & Python - Develop with industry best practice in mind, designing and implementing well constructed and human readable code. Data Modelling - Understand how to transform data so that it is both intuitive to use while also allowing users to derive meaningful and actionable insights.
3. A liking of problem solving and strong communication skills to provide data governance, data lifecycle and data mapping guidance.
Other jobs with similar skills
Cambridgeshire | £50,000 - £60,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Software Developer to join a leading Clinical Cancer Genomics company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Software Developer you will collaborate closely with Pipel...Science
View & Apply
Principal Bioinformatics Software Engineer
Cambridgeshire | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Principal Bioinformatics Software Engineer to join a leading Digital Health company based in the Cambridgeshire area. As the Principal Bioinformatics Software Engineer y...Science
View & Apply