Job Reference: J5637084
Status: Open to Applications
We are currently looking for a Data Engineer to focus on delivering top level data outcomes via the most modern data sourcing, integration, modelling techniques and data standards across the clients organisation. The role is for a Leading Environmental company and can be based out of either their London or Midlands based sites with blended in home working. The Data Engineer will look across every system, dataset and data pipeline in order to identify areas for improvement.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Data Engineer will be part of the Data and Analytics function of the business and will help design and develop processes for acquiring data from disparate data sources and pushing into Microsoft Azure using innovative methods. The role works closely with our team of Data Architects, Data Scientists, Report Developers and other Data Engineers to deliver end-to-end data solutions to deliver value by driving insight and automating business processes. The key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. The Data Engineer will have assess every system, dataset and data pipeline in order to identify areas for improvement using architecting, designing and implementing solutions in Microsoft Azure Stack
2. In this role you will apply a software engineering mindset to the development, testing and release process of data solutions to ensure smart and fast deployments while maintaining a quality end product.
3. The Data Engineer will use SQL & Python to develop with industry best practice in mind, designing and implementing well-constructed and human readable code.
4. The data engineer will become a recognised subject matter expert on matters pertaining to Master Data to help manage the transition of Master Data requirements into live operations.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Data Engineer we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. Relevant degree in a Mathematical / IT or Computer Science area.
2. SQL & Python - Develop with industry best practice in mind, designing and implementing well constructed and human readable code. Data Modelling - Understand how to transform data so that it is both intuitive to use while also allowing users to derive meaningful and actionable insights.
3. A liking of problem solving and strong communication skills to provide data governance, data lifecycle and data mapping guidance.
Interested in this job? Apply for this position now!
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for our talent development. We welcome applications for any applicant who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment processionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.