Job Reference: J5633663
Updated On: 19/08/2020
Status: Open to Applications
Back to results
Role OverviewWe are currently looking for a Data Scientist - Bioinformatics to join a leading pharmaceutical company based in the Buckinghamshire area. As the Data Scientist - Bioinformatics you will be responsible for developing data science techniques to support clinical trials
Key Duties and Responsibilities1. Affect new target identification, target validation, biomarker discovery and patient stratification using omics data
2. Establish analytical workflows and develop AI methodologies for integrative analysis of poly-omic data and biological knowledge
3. A thorough understanding of fundamental concepts in statistics, data mining, and visualization of biological data types and the standard tools used in these domains.
4. Develop machine learning, including deep learning approaches to predict targets and potential biomarkers and stratify patients.
Role RequirementsTo be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Data Scientist - Bioinformatics we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. PHD in data science or similar bioinformatic field
2. A thorough understanding of fundamental concepts in statistics, data mining, and visualization of biological data types and the standard tools used in these domains.
3. Experience of operating in a HPC Unix environment, cloud-based computational and/or pipelining platforms, and proficiency in a range of programming languages common to the bioinformatics community such as Python or R.
Other jobs with similar skills
Head of Bioinformatics
London | Experience Dependent
We are currently looking for a Bioinformatician to join an exciting clinical-stage gene therapy company based in London, and in Philadelphia and California US, who’s goal is developing innovative medi...Science
View & Apply
Norfolk | £40,000 - £50,000 per annum
We are currently looking for a Bioinformatician to join a leading biological company based in the Norfolk area who are developing a solution that can support positive change in the environment. As th...Science
View & Apply