J5630651CambridgeshireIS&T Permanent£40,000 to £55,000 per annumFull Time14/12/2018IT IT - Statistics IT - Analytics IT - Software Development IT - Big Data
Share this job
Other jobs with similar skills
Data Engineer We are currently looking for a Data Programmer to join a leading company based in the central London area. As the Data Programmer you will be part of ... View Job
Information Science Analyst We are currently looking for a Information Science Analyst to join a leading company based in the Slough, Berkshire area. As the Information Science A... View Job
Biostatistician We are currently looking for a Biostatistician to join a leading company based in the Reading area. As the Biostatistician you will be responsible for... View Job
We are currently looking for a Data Scientist to join a leading company based in the Cambridge, Chesterford area. As the Data Scientist you will be responsible for analysing large scale data sets which will lead to new methods in image analysis.
KEY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Your duties as the Data Scientist will be varied however the key duties and responsibilities are as follows:
1. You will optimize DNA sequencing instrumentation and data from laboratory assays.
2. As the Data Scientist you will implement numerical algorithms in C and C++.
3. You will develop methods for image analysis and signal processing.
4. As the Data Scientist you will investigate and model performances of technical methods.
To be successful in your application to this exciting opportunity as the Data Scientist we are looking to identify the following on your profile and past history:
1. As the Data Scientist you should be educated to Masters or PhD level in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, natural sciences or equivalent.
2. You will have proven industry experience in scientific software development using C or C++ with familiarly in languages such as Python being an advantage.
3. As the Data Scientist you will have working knowledge and practical experience with statistical inference in a research environment such as Bayesian, maximum likelihood and other methods such as machine learning and clustering algorithms.
Key Words: Software, development, data, analysis, statistics, analyst, scientist, data scientist, bioinformatics, C, C++, Python, R, statistician, mathematics, math, visualisation, machine learning, clustering, bayesian, signal processing, next generation sequencing, computer science and science.
Hyper Recruitment Solutions Ltd (HRS) is an Equal Opportunities employer who are certified by Investors in People for talent development. We therefore welcome applications for any interested parties who fulfil the role requirements for this position. HRS is a company exclusively supporting the science and technology sectors, and is made up of a collaboration of recruitment professionals and scientists. We look forward to helping you with your next career moves.